Wednesday 19 December 2012

TEXTURE





Art works in the perception of the texture from which the art is constructed. Music is rhythm... melody...harmony... one sound following the next. Poetry is words... images... one sound following the next. Sculpture is bronze.. marble ... wood.... “Oh, Please let me touch that cold stainless steel!”   Painting is... painting is the glory of colour upon colour. As a painter I look to what colours... what surfaces I can place on the surface... the tabla rasa of my canvas to delight the eye... my eye... your eye.  The Divinity of the Universe created Nature... its 63 laws. Then the volcano of possibilty erupted.... textures upon textures. Surfaces upon surfaces. No human meaning... just the beauty... the simplicity of textures to be perceived. Fall in love with the textures of this Universe.... they are God’s skin.



No comments:

Post a Comment