Friday 12 December 2014

SENSES

We have five (plus). How do we sketch out a field of reality from little electric blips arriving at  the mother board of our brains? Somehow it all coheres. I am mesmerized by the patterns of the world seen scintillating across the surface of a lake. In the scraps & fragments of reflected, refracted light I make out a pattern I can comprehend. What little I know of science baffles & perplexes me. Photons... discrete packets of energy...  from a neighboring star cross empty space strike an eagle flying above the surface of a body of water on an orbiting rock & ricochet through the complex optics of the globe of my eye & the resulting sequence of co-ordinated depolarizations map out the world as it is. Seems incredible. I wish to express my incredulity & my awe.




No comments:

Post a Comment