Tuesday 5 July 2016

RAVEN CAT

When I was a child I was frightened of the dark. On autumn nights as the moonless sky grew cold I sat by the fire & drew comfort from the dancing light. The black surrounding welled with fear & I drew closer to the glowing embers & wrapped myself in my poncho, glad of the circle of my fellow beings.  When I stood up from the circle of yellow & white & submerged myself in the darkness my first feeling was apprehension. At once, I knew in the dark I was the dark & that darkness offered a new freedom. A freedom from fear. Darkness is akin to stillness. The dark is the loamy top soil of a freshly turned  flowerbed. The dark is fertile with possibility. The magnetic field of the Universe awaiting the first heavenly body. It is from the dark that all creation emerges. Do not fear the dark. Embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment