Thursday 15 July 2021

FISH'S DREAM




FLYING FISH! OH FLYING FISH!


Flying fish! oh flying fish!

Now i’ve wished my winsome wish,

Random chance or blindest fate

Water wings with weightless weight.


In what ether, thin and high,

Rose the shimmer of your eye?

Did the angels give a hand -

Not the water, not the land?


Hunted high and hunted low

Mahi Mahi from below.

From above, the Frigates dive.

Wings - the way to stay alive.


What could form so slight a thing -

Breezes light and ripple’s ring?

Who loosed the sinews of my heart?

What the science, what the art?


Nature slow or Godly Speed 

Helix spiral or piper’s reed?

Below the surface - above the deep

Did She who made the whale make thee?


Flying fish! oh flying fish!

Now i’ve wished my winsome wish,

Random chance or blindest fate -

Water wings with weightless weight




 

2 comments:

  1. Oh ROBBIE..... I LOVE this painting and the Beautiful poem you wrote...for sure, One of Your FINEST!!!! Hope all is well! Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robbie you have some truly beautiful words and works. I'm just taking it in which is what I believe that all art changes with every view cheers

    ReplyDelete