Wednesday 17 October 2012

THE GLUE THAT HOLDS IT ALL TOGETHER


The act of poetry is the act of gluing. Take two different items. Apply a thin layer of adhesive. The mind makes the leap. I have taken up the ancient art of Collage. Invented by the cubists... developed by the DaDaists.... perfected by Pop. 
In RED GUITAR I have used two pages of music, a ticket to a dying Gordon Lightfoot concert, a map of a river in Quebec, a Belgian stamp & two photocopies.

In the end all art is about texture. How to create a surface that draws the eye in... that pleases the retina causes the occipital cortex to scintillate.

  Cutting and pasting. Very satisfying. Layers upon layers. That is how the file cabinet of my brain works. Now I am stuck.

1 comment:

  1. I know I have said this before but the close-up details of your paintings are incredible. The detail of the bat and crow is a work of art in itself.

    ReplyDelete