Wednesday 19 June 2013

5

Why paint 5? I am a firm believer in the ancient runic mystery of the power of the letter itself. My ancestors, the Vikings, carved single letters on swords & stones. In the Bible the great legal Talmudic scholars spent hours studying individual Hebrew letters in the Kabbalah. A single numeral holds great meaning. 5 are the points of the pentagram & the pentacle, symbols of great meaning. 5 is the age at which humans reach their highest point. I could talk to a 5 year old forever & constantly be brought back to my purest humanity. The fifth is the position on the scale that finished any major work of music. In fact, the number 5 looks like a musical note. 5 fingers. 5 toes. I could go on. 5 is a number of great mystery to me personally. Two lines. A semi-circle. 5. What else would I wish to paint?





No comments:

Post a Comment