Tuesday 7 January 2014

PARENTS


“The superior man, while his parents are alive, reverently nourishes them; and, when they are dead, reverently sacrifices to them. His thought to the end of his life is how not to disgrace them.”  Confucius

I have the most beautiful parents. Dorothy. Keith. Married almost 60 years. Best Friends. Still drifting on the dappled, scintillating surfaces of this joyous life. My vision: the two of them together on Lac Archambault in the Laurentian Mountains  where they fell in love. Paddling in the moonlight. Beauty abounds. Alive in that mystery. Have you been there? Do you have a sacred space only you know about? You & your truest friend. I see my parents alone together in the moonlight & I know Paradise exists. Here & Now. I enter that stillness. Silence. Peace of heart. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment