Wednesday 14 May 2014

SENSEI

There are several human activities that are of unquestionable merit for the human soul. The practice of martial arts is one such activity. Choose a martial art. There are many choices. Like many of the great awakenings, they all involve a meeting of the East & the West. To achieve mastery of a martial art takes thousands of hours. Like any great accomplishment the more you learn the more you realize you need to know. You will need a Sensei...  someone “born before you”, a master... a teacher. I work with Clint, my Sensei in Tae Kwon Do. My Sensei embodies the ideals I seek for my physical presence.... preparedness, flexibility, speed, agility, strength, fearlessness, loyalty, patience devotion & above all calm. As always I am the novice. I submit myself to a higher authority. I am here to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment