Tuesday 22 July 2014

HEAD


Let’s be scientific about this.... neuroscience has not & cannot pinpoint the locus of the mind. The Ancients thought the mind was hovering somewhere over the vicinity of the heart. It is a 21st century model to attach the mind to the brain.  My brain is not my mind. Period. I have been using the metaphor of cybernetics with too much persuasion. My brain is not a mother board. Hello! My mind is not a meat machine nor is it a complex web of neurons gapped by synapses. The fact of my brain intrigues me... me (that is). Recently, I have been using the metaphor of the brain as antenna.... as complex receptor for quanta of energy data. Once freed from the anchoring of myself to my brain to the dense matter of my physical being I suddenly experience an expansion of self. Call it freedom. Where are the limits of the mind? You tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment