Thursday 23 October 2014

THE NINE

I have endeavoured in several art forms in my brief sojourn here on the third rock from the star Sol. Music, poetry, painting, writing. What I have come to realize is that anything of value that I arrive at as an artist comes to me as a gift. I am the conduit. The vessel. The medium. My role is to ready myself... to discipline my skills to the highest level so that when the inspiration comes I am ready. I venerate the muses.... all nine of them. It is they who have on occasion chosen me. Lord knows, many times they do not come through to me. I offer myself in sacrifice. I pay the highest respect. The artistic process is sacred. My muse is very shy... very fragile... & very jealous. She has grey eyes & when she chooses to come to me. to speak through me, the world around me becomes clear as mountain spring water.





No comments:

Post a Comment