Wednesday 29 April 2015

DOVE

My brother Segun asked me to paint a dove. I did not truly know about doves until the moment I first dipped my brush into the white paint. That first daub of white opened my eyes anew. Highly intelligent, one of the great aerialists, the dove flies across continents to return to its place of origin. The dove is the messenger bird. As symbol, the bird embodies both the beauty of Aphrodite & the essence of the Holy Spirit. As the flood waters recede Noah knows the great journey is over when the dove returns with the olive branch. It is the moment of redemption. You & I feel the cool waters on our fevered brows. A gentle breeze brushes our faces. As if wings were stirring the very ether. Look up. Above us the white bird rises to the Heavens. A pure white bird. Pure white. White.


No comments:

Post a Comment