Thursday 7 May 2015

RAVEN

I never knew about the raven till  I went north of the Arctic Circle. The Raven humbled me. Humans see themselves as superior beings… lords of this world. Raven teaches me we are simply part of an intricate, intertwined web of sentient beings. Ravens are aware…. perhaps more aware than we are. They play. They fly like the wind itself. They are resourceful. They adapt. They survive. They thrive in hardship. They are of their environment but also above & beyond this mortal realm. Their feathers are black as the moonless night. Their eyes shine like neutron stars. The Raven is the ambassador of “the true North, strong & free” where you can actually see the the stars at night. When I grow weary of the stacked, airless cubicles we live in, I think of the Raven & I know it is going to be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment