Monday 31 August 2015

MY BROTHER'S KEEPER



I met you in the alley way,  your hood pulled low. 
I’m a different kind of cat.... my coat of rainbow hue.
I am of the sunlight... my body indigo.
I am keeper of the single flame,  the one who sent for you.

You told me all your secrets... so now I know.
You’re the painter of empty skies, a seer lost at sea.
You sit within your silence, in your isolation hole.
I am not the keeper of your prison. I hold the slender key.

Am I my brother’s keeper?
Black sheep, Black sheep.... three bags full.
There’s a love that pours in deeper.
Am I my brother’s keeper?

I saw you in the darkness.... I cooled your fevered brow. 
We drank the Merlot of our Saviour, offered free & clear,
My brother of the lonely... the never never now.
I am keeper of our solemn promise, & fear, I have no fear....           
                               chorus





No comments:

Post a Comment