Tuesday 22 September 2015

BASTET & THE LITTLE WHITE MOUSE


I live with a bengal cat named Botticelli. He hangs with me like my best buddy. When I look into his green eyes I am met with a mystery. He is both calm, reassuring & present & yet he is distant & self-contained. He can be cold-blooded & fully affectionate in the same time frame. He really is like a falcon. A predator who likes to snuggle. My friend Nadim lives with a black & white cat named Whisp-purr. What does Whisp-Purr think of once he has preened his long white whiskers & found the perfect spot on the Persian carpet in the sun? Food is a necessity to cats not an addiction. Play is essential. Napping. Taking it all in. I could go on. In fact Cats live for the pleasures I seldom allow myself. The ancient Egyptians venerated cats. They even had a Goddess to represent them…. Bastet. I think I am a member of that secret society. The secret society of cats.


2 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for anything that chimes "Ancient Egypt"...especially the venerated ones...

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY lovely and creative use of the entire spectrum, Robbie...which echoes the "Holistic" nature of your subject.

    ReplyDelete