Wednesday 13 April 2016

SPHINX REDUX




I may not know much at all about anything but I do know that a great mystery abides in the origins of our civilization. As we approach the end of modern times it behooves us to look back into  where we came from. Like me, I am sure you look with perplexity on the culture that lived on the Nile in the days before Moses. Who were those people? Were they us? The statue of the Sphinx on the Plateau at Giza is tens of thousand years old… likely older than the empires of  recorded ancient Egypt. The more I know the less I understand. We seem to have amnesia for where we came from & who we are. I am willing to say I just do not know. However… there are tantalizing clues everywhere. The answer is staring us in the face. The riddle of the sphinx is simply that question…. “Who are you … do you know who you are?”





No comments:

Post a Comment