Thursday 7 April 2016

SPHINX


I conceived of this painting as a schematic for the design of the Sphinx. The sphinx cat is a bizarre creature. I know. I live with one. Imagine if the Creator was Rube Goldberg or a committee of whimsical inventors. Project 6784ab34: “Create the design for a feline”. I imagine this painting as the blue print for such a design. Lines scribbled up & down… round and round. Until by accident a semi gargoyle ugly duckling creature of mystery appears from the cross hatches. Not sure I understand the connection with the lion woman statue in ancient Egypt except that both are beguiling & mysterious. If you could create a cat out of doodles you would have my cat Nefertiti. Oh yeah… I named my Sphinx Nefertiti to add compliment to injury.




No comments:

Post a Comment