Wednesday 31 August 2016

SCARAB I - Moon's Day


Archimedes said "Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." The four certainties on which I base my entire philosophy are the solid facts of the earth, the sky, & the sun. The fourth certainty is the grace & evanescence of that mysterious & ever-changing orb called the moon. Just as the sun's dominion is the day, the moon's dominion is the night.There are seven days of the week... each dedicated to one of the ancient deities. The week ends on the day of the Sun. The week starts with the day of the moon. We are blessed with the containable interval of one revolution of the planet we live on. I can do anything for one day... anything. The waxing & waning, the ebbing in & out of the moon over the twenty eight days of the month is my lullaby. Monday... the moon's day.




No comments:

Post a Comment