Monday 22 May 2017

DRAGON

The wings of a raptor. The body of a snake. The claws of a lion. How to embody the shadow in one form. I have a darkness within me. Left unnamed it grows by the minute. In the darkness within I do not know the shape it takes. My ignorance gives it volume & breadth. It coils. It slithers. It pulses. In the garden it took a voice & offered a possibility. Without that knowing I would be an innocent... a creature of the flowers & the fruit. All creation is a mirror of the possible. I hold up the mirror & I see myself in my totality. I crave ferocity. I crave the fire of courage. I crave the fecund & the formless. I am dangerous. I have power. I choose choice where the outcome is uncertain. I slay no serpents. I crave no virgins. I am the dragon. It is the urge from within that makes me become who I am to become.


No comments:

Post a Comment