Monday 15 May 2017

FIREBALL

I am not planting a garden this year because the Cottonwood blocks the light in my inner city yard & the vegetables do not flourish. Instead I have germinated 144 random sunflower seeds in planters in my kitchen. I know they will take off in my little square of black dirt.… No carrots or zucchinis… but a dozen dozen, sky-rocketing, sun worshippers.. These are the years when the Sun asserts its dominion. I am okay with that. I sit in a room bathed in sunlight… flooded… inundated… permeated… saturated.The little lemon tree I grew from the seed given to me by me teacher is sprouting new leaves in a clay pot on the window sill. Simple… insistent…. The Sun is merely a face of the greater Light. I add light to the Light. I scatter the shadows. My doubt dissipates…. one quick glance out of the corner of my eye over my shoulder…. I know it is alright. It has always been alright.



No comments:

Post a Comment