Thursday 29 November 2012

BIG BANG




JUST WHEN


Just when you thought all your kisses were spent

Just when you sat so lonesome in your lonesome tower

That’s when the Whisper-King offered his single flower

That’s when the stranger’s lips brush gentle as a wren


Just when you gave up seeding your joy

Just when you crossed the names from your precious book

That’s when the letter came, a coat upon the hook

& you awoke from dreams & saw the slender boy


I’ve been alive a long, long time

& all I learned, I learned before

The sky, the sea... the door, the key

I never left, I just arrived


Just when you thought all’s left but the grave

Just when the tarry sands cover the greenest ground

That’s when the dragon turns & begs to beg your pardon

That’s when the water light comes wave upon the wave


You’ve been alive a long, long time

& all you learned, you learned before

The sky, the sea... the door, the key

You never left, you just arrived

No comments:

Post a Comment