Saturday 12 January 2013

LONE WOLF



The cure for loneliness is solitude. The lone wolf on the edge of the cliff chanting at the moon.... that is an image of who I am & who I have always been. When tragedy happens... the sudden death of a beautiful girlfriend... the death by suicide of a troubled son... finding that someone you trusted & loved has committed a horrible crime... one finds oneself alone, isolated. That is when the dark becomes unbearable. Then, miraculous,  the moon rises over the open sea. Once, I knew a Welsh girl named Olwyn. She told me her name meant ‘the path the moon takes over the open water’. The dark clouds glow with silver. Scintillation. The surface of the sea scintillates. I don’t know if wolves sing the blues. I wish I could sing the blues. Can beauty cure us of our sadness?



1 comment:

  1. I will say it again Rob. The details of your paintings are incredible. I could see this as a complete work of art at a larger scale. They have a Van Gogh quality to them.

    ReplyDelete