Sunday 14 July 2013

DREAM CATCHER

I seek an answer elsewhere. Yeshua. Siddhartha. The answer is under the toes of my feet. The Ancestors, the Inheritors have lived on this continent for 15,000 years (or more) The Woodland Cree. The Grassland Cree.The Soto. The Sioux. The people of the North. The Metis. The BlackFoot. The  NezPerce. I feel profound shame. I am humbled. I am on my knees. Forgive me. Forgive us. I am fasting. I am entering my emptiness. The people of my tribe were blind. The people of my tribe are blind. Ownership. Our creed is greed. We tried to destroy the true people of this land of Mystery. How can you own the wind? How can you harness the sky? How can you fence the grass?. It took me half a century. The scales have fallen from my eyes. If you will allow me I ask to sit quietly at the edge of the Lodge. I will follow the smoke of the sweet grass as it curls into the night. I am a Brave.




No comments:

Post a Comment