Monday 1 July 2013

THE AWAKENED ONE


I was born in 1958. In 1958 the Dalai Lama & many deeply spiritual lamas were compelled to leave the  ancient sanctuary of the Himalayas to come down into the toss & tumble of the modern world. No mistake. No coincidences. It all happens for a reason. There are many traditions that open the way to enlightenment. Buddhism & particularly Tibetan Buddhism is one of the wide awake paths to the Light. Buddha means  “The Awakened One” I have spent two thirds of my life moving towards a state of being truly awake. I declare it now. I am awake. Wide Awake. In these dark times of the somnambulist where many of many fellow humans seems to be drifting into an ever-deepening state of oblivion I urge all of us to take whatever measures it takes to wake into the light. Siddhartha left the comfort of the Palace. He opened his eyes. He said simply “ I am here. I am wide awake. I am the Awakened One.”

No comments:

Post a Comment