Wednesday 2 April 2014

THE SUN


 The Sun is for my little brother & close friend Anthony Masuskapoe, who is both a talented artist & brilliant musician. I met him on the day his best friend died & Anthony, in his mourning, had cut off his long, raven, warrior hair.  He told me of a recurring nightmare. He is a swaddling child in a thunderstorm. He leaves a scene of domestic devastation behind & in terror walks naked out into the golden fields. A white stallion eats the scattered, shattered glass from the battered home. Lightning & hail crashes all around him. The horse terrifies him. He awakens in a cold sweat. I am a painter of dreamscapes. I interpreted the dream for my warrior friend. The White Stallion is Anthony. The White Stallion is you. The White Stallion is me. The White Stallion is who we really are. Pure. It is time we mount & ride the horses of our destiny.... warriors of the Light.




No comments:

Post a Comment