Monday 25 August 2014

HOLY GRAIL

The King of Cups is my card in the Tarot Deck. The King of Cups has perfect mastery over the element in question: water; feelings, the soul, beliefs, matters of the heart. He offers you & I , in his outstretched hand, the Holy Grail. It speaks to me, at my core, of my old friend John who knows me better than anyone I know. John is a brilliant psychiatrist.... a “healer of the soul” (in direct translation from the Greek). It is a profound sadness when people become disordered & ailing in the function of their minds & more deeply of their souls. All illness, in the end, is spiritual illness. I deeply respect the physicians willing to address rationally & compassionately those of us who have become unhinged from our true selves. It takes great courage to proffer an open hand to show a way  out of the fire of their chaos. John with clear eyes & unblinking gaze & deep skill is a master of the art of healing the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment