Thursday 9 July 2015

HIGHER SELF

In twelve step work the goal is to surrender to the higher power. Most religions are built around the edifice & structures of a supreme, distant Divinity who at once is above & distant from us who watches in judgement & wields a sword of salvation or destruction based on a set of precepts & consequences. I discover that my higher power is in fact my higher self… my true or genuine self who knows who I am & who I am meant to be. I stray. I wander. I lose myself. Then my higher self calls to me. I return. I resurface. I enter. I am who I am supposed to be. My spiritual relationship is not with a distant Divine Other but with Myself… my deepest self… my original self. I ease into the awareness that I am at the Source. Always have been. Always will be. My spiritual journey is towards my higher self. I am calling to me. It is time... to become me.

No comments:

Post a Comment