Wednesday 1 July 2015

SING THE BODY ELECTRIC


5
This is the female form, 
A divine nimbus exhales from it from head to foot, 
It attracts with fierce undeniable attraction, 
I am drawn by its breath as if I were no more than a helpless vapour, all falls aside but myself and it.....

Ahh Walt Whitman…. he said it best in his long, single breath lines one hundred & fifty years ago. The human body is miraculously beautiful. Delicate, vulnerable, but resilient & resourceful…a creation of sublime, imbricate complexity. & yes… we are electricity incarnate. Photons transfigured into electrons. The past is imbued with deep sadness. The future seems bleak. But the moment… the Immediate…. it crackles with the flow & charge of the divine currents of boundless energy. I am so grateful to be in this body. I sing the body electric.



No comments:

Post a Comment