Friday 9 August 2013

SNOW


The Emperor of my country... the Divinity if you will, is Snow. Snow informs every day of my life. Even in the depths of summer on the hottest, muggiest day I recall Snow & how soon it will soon be drifting down out of the grey, grey clouds. Go to the Arctic. There Snow reigns supreme. Snow & the cold. Our toughness as Canadians & I daresay our gentleness comes from our ability to love the Snow. The White Raven is in fact the Snow Raven. The Snow Raven is in fact the Snow God. The Divinity is nothing if not white. Imagine a world that overnight turns white. That is my land. That is where I belong. Snow isolates us in our furs. Walking in the Snow.... it is me in my cloak & the big, wide, white, world. Only in Snow can you see your breath. Snow proves I am alive. Shiveringly Alive! Toques off to the Snow Raven!



No comments:

Post a Comment