Wednesday 20 February 2013

Equestrian




The horse is who we once were. When we knew horses we were the best version of what a human can be... just as a five year old child has arrived at the most evolved age of the human life journey so too when we knew horses we were in our proudest warrior selves. The horse civilizations were living civilizations. We achieved our apogee. Even a Ferrari is just a machine. Even an F-18 is steel & glass. It is a dead thing. When I was a cowboy in the Crowsnest Pass I had 7 horses. I should say I loved 7 horses. A horse is a partner... like a spouse. A horse is very beautiful. The relationship with a horse is that between equals. This is my first painting of a horse... a thoroughbred named Elvis who knows like Pegasus how to fly. My niece on the back of Elvis the black horse knows the joy of flight. Canter, Lope and Gallop. Lift off.

1 comment:

  1. There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.

    Winston Churchill

    ReplyDelete