Friday 8 February 2013

MAGPIE

    Who am I? I am Magpie….. I survive!
  In my cast off black tuxedo coat
  My shirt tails white as the Holy Ghost 
  My restless feet I dance a wicked jive
  Who am I? I am magpie….. I survive!

       
Magpie fly the forest dark in the playground park 
She no pretty bird,she a beauty in a cocktail skirt 
Magpie high as a kite on the sky and the dirt
She struts her stuff, & shows up on a lark  
Magpie in stiletto heels, afternoon delight
Be careful, babe, or  Magpie go for good tonight ..............chorus

          














Magpie scavenge road-kill in the gutter drain 
She belt out rock-’n-rollin’ vaudeville tune
Magpie shadow-box with sunlight’s dazzle noon
She say... “You ain’t my boss!... I’m free as rain!”
Magpie risk it all on one last snake-eye toss 
She talk, She mock, She rock the big rock box ...........chorus






Magpie laugh it up.... amuses gull and loon
She screech & chuckle, coos the Jailhouse blues
Magpie tease the eagle,she love just one for true
The Gothic tattoo Queen of the loose and cool
Magpie voice my fear: “Hey leave the dog alone!”
She sing like no one’s business, steals the show ....chorus




No comments:

Post a Comment