Monday 18 February 2013

TOOLS



What are the tools we use to anchor the image? A stick with charred end. A stone chisel. A 2H exquisitely sharpened pencil. A brush daubed in cobalt blue. A wireless mouse. My brother David sits at his desk with the monitor in front of him.... strokes the pixels with a cursor... the bison at Lascaux surface from the depths. The firelight flickers while the medicine-men sit quiet in their circle. Around us are the spirit guides.  I hit the button on the back of my flatscreen. My dark room glows with presence. I imagine a time where the inside of the mind is a cave. My very thoughts... my beautiful, precise, swimming thoughts float through the ether.... anchor themselves for an instant, for ever on the fields of my neural networks. Painting with my thoughts. That pleases me.

No comments:

Post a Comment